Trading Blanket Rules
Hey, we are going to have fun on the trading blanket! This is a good way to get some really incredible stuff! Here’s what it is about and how it works!
A blanket is placed on the ground. The first person to put something on the blanket has iron or metal to trade. Then it goes deosil around those participating.
First someone puts an item to trade on the CENTER of the blanket. Those that wish to trade for it put their items on the blanket but near the edge. This way all can see what they are trading for and their “competition” for the item.
Any item considered sacred MUST NOT TOUCH THE BLANKET! So a black cloth goes between the item and the blanket for Wiccan tools and a red cloth is placed between the blanket and the item of Native American tradition. An example: a cedar item may not touch the blanket or altar tools must not touch the blanket.
The person who initially put an item out to trade gets to pick amongst the items others have placed on the blanket that wish to trade for it.
NO TALKING DURING THE TRADING BLANKET. But I know that whispers are done around it LOL.
1. You may NOT step on the blanket or YOU are up for trade as a slave for 2 hours to whoever bids the highest on you!
2. All items must be legal. No raptor or carrion feathers, drugs and such!
3. Anything else that is legal may be traded. I have seen Meade, sex toys(still in the box of course), books, clothes, ritual tools, staffs, tarot cards, etc. etc.
4. All items must be new or GENTLY used. Please NO used sex toys, and NO broken or worn items!
5. Participants need to give room for someone to walk around the blanket. The tendency is to sit right AT the blanket. There needs to be room to move around the blanket.
6. BRING LOTS OF STUFF!!!! The more stuff you have the more you can trade!
7. No talking, but it’s the whispering that gets interesting even though it’s against the rules LOL!
8. Oh, did I say BRING LOTS OF GOODIES??? OF Course!!!
9. This is lots of fun and those that have participated can tell you the goodies that they got or the fun they had.
10. Keep your items in a tote if you have one. It keeps the mystery going when no one knows what you have to trade.
11. BRINGS LOTS OF STUFF!!!
Trading blanket can last from an hour to as long as a few hours, depending on the great goodies that are put out there!
Hint: I have found fantastic stuff to trade for very little money at yard sales. Also vendors have some really good stuff too!!!